Quinoa, zucchini and mushroom muffin
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 460
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 52g
Saturated Fat 15g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 14g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrates 165g
Dietary Fiber 24g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 ¼ cup raw quinoa
- 3 medium zucchini, shredded
- 2 cups button or cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Black pepper (optional)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook quinoa according to package instruction. Once cooked, set aside to cool down.
- 2. In a large frying pan, heat avocado oil using medium heat, add onion and saute until translucent (about 5 minutes) before adding in mushroom and zucchini Saute until zucchini soften. Turn off heat and set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat egg and add salt and pepper to taste. Add sautéed vegetables and quinoa and mixed well.
- 4. Grease a standard 12-cup muffin pan, preferably nonstick, with avocado oil or coat with cooking spray.Fill 12 or 18 muffin tray wth 2/3 egg mixture, sprinkles shredded cheese evenly on top.
- 5. Bake at 375F on the middle rack of the oven and cook for 18-20 minutes or until egg is done (egg not watery).
- 6. Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool for about 5 minutes. Using a knife or thin rubber spatula, carefully go around edges of each muffin to gently release from pan. Eat warm or at room temperature.
- This is very versatile recipe – you can use any of the combo vegetables and it will taste amazing.
Try the following combo
- *Mushroom and spinach
- *Red pepper and mushroom
- *Green peas and spinach
Simply Sosan https://simplysosan.com/