Hot Quinoa Cereal
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 69g
Dietary Fiber 10g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa with 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp berries (any berries of your choice)
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Follow instructions on your package or below
- 1. First, bring your water and quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- 2. Stir a few times during cooking. If mixture seems to be boiling out, crack the lid to release steam, otherwise, keep covered. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. In the last few minutes of cooking, feel free to add a little more liquid (water is fine), until desired consistency is reached. If you prefer breakfast quinoa on the soft side, you can add enough to make it more of a porridge.
- 3. Once cooked, toss amount into a bowl and combine all your ingredients.
- Other alternative topping combinations that you can try:
- Option A: Try ¼ cup diced apples with a dash of ground cinnamon
- Option B: Try 2 tbsp berries with a ½ tsp of vanilla extract plus 2 tbsp almond slices
- Option C: Try 2 tbsp berries, 1 tsp shredded coconut, 2 tbsp almond slices
Simply Sosan https://simplysosan.com/