Butternut squash soup
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 89g
Dietary Fiber 12g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tbsp avocado or grapeseed oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium or large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
- 2. Cut the butternut squash in half, lengthwise, and remove the seeds and strings. Place the squash halves cut-part down on a baking sheet, and add a bit of water. Bake for 45 minutes, until the insides are soft and you can scoop them out or simple steam them to soften before scooping it out.
- 3. In a large pot, add oil over medium heat.
- 4. Add the celery, carrot, onion, apple, garlic and ginger and saute until the onion is soft and translucent.
- 5. Scoop the butternut squash flesh into the soup pot, and add the chicken stock.
- 6. Season with salt and pepper, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7. Puree the soup, and serve.
- *A hand blender is the easiest way to puree.
- *You can also use a blender, but be careful. You should never fill the container more than half full, and you need to vent steam regularly to prevent the lid from flying off and spilling hot soup everywhere.
Simply Sosan https://simplysosan.com/