Almond kamut Crusted Chicken Strip
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 438
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 51g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 12g
Monounsaturated Fat 28g
Total Carbohydrates 60g
Dietary Fiber 14g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 chicken breasts cut into 9-10 strips, or 9-10 chicken tenderloin strips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, grounded until fine in a food processor
- 1/3 cup kamut flake (finely crushed)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Put almond in a food processor and grind until they're fine. If you don't have a food processor, you can put them in a bag then bang them with a heavy-bottomed skillet or a mallet until they're crushed.
- 3. Combine the ground almonds with kamut flake, garlic powder, dried basil, salt, and pepper.
- 4. You need to either cut thin chicken breasts into strips, or you can buy chicken tenderloin strips from the grocery store. I cut 3 thin breasts into about 10 thin tenders. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. In a shallow bowl, whisk one egg with a splash of milk. Then, set up your dredging station: And prepare your baking surface. You want to put a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet covered in tin foil. Cooking the chicken on a rack allows it to get crispy on all sides.
- 6. Dip each chicken tender into the egg mixture, then lay in the almond mixture, coating the entire surface well. Lay onto the baking rack, not letting any of the tenders overlap.
- 7. If possible, refrigerate the coated tenders for 30-60 minutes before cooking. This makes the coating stick better and they get crispier.
- 8. When ready, pop them in a preheated 400 degree oven.
- 9. After about 20 minutes, the tenders will be mostly cooked but they still need to be browned a bit more.
- 10. So, turn the oven broiler on to high. Broil for about 2-3 minutes on the first side, then flip the tenders and broil for another 2-3 minutes.
Simply Sosan https://simplysosan.com/